The database size limit for Exchange 2003 standard is 16GB, however SP2 for Exchange 2003 allows you to remove that limit. The default size for priv.edb after installing SP2 for Exchange 2003 is 18GB this can easily be changed for database sizes upto 75GB per database.
The steps below explain how to increase the 18GB limit by editing the registry. Edit the registry at your own risk, I will not accept any responsibility if you run into problems.
- On the Exchange 2003 server, run regedit
- Navigate to the following registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\Server name\Private-Mailbox Store GUID
- Create a new DWORD entry called “Database Size Limit in GB”
- Change from Hexidecimal to Decimal and enter the value of the size in GB that you wish the maximum DB size to be.
- Exit from the registry editor
- You should now either restart the Information Store or dismount and mount the store in question.
The maximum database size for the priv.edb should have now been increased to the value you set in the new DWORD
Was this post helpful?
127total visits,2visits today