The procedure below applies to:
2002-2006 R50 MINI Cooper and R53 Cooper S Hatchback,
2005-2008 R52 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertibles.
This information was posted in our forum pages. Proceed at your own risk.
If your key/remote wont unlock/lock your doors, try this:
- Have all the keys on you when you get into the car.
- Get in and shut the doors (don’t open them until your finished programing)
- Put a key in the ignition and turn to the first click, then back and take the key out all within 5 seconds
- Now hold down the unlock button, while holding it down press the lock button 3 times, then release the unlock button, the doors should lock and unlock. DON’T touch the doors or door locks yet.
- Repeat action 4 for any other keys
- Once you’ve finished doing this to all the keys you can open the door or put a key in the ignition to finish the programming.
- Try the lock and unlock with the keys, they should work, if they don’t try again, the sequence is critical. If you cant get them to work a trip to the dealer will be happening. It worked for me good luck.
If that doesn’t work, try this:
- Get in car and close doors.
- Insert key into ignition.
- Turn key almost to the point of starting and back 4 times.
- Remove key.
- Hold down the “unlock” button on the key and push the center “lock” button on the key three times, releasing the unlock button on the key as you release the last of the three “lock” pushes.
The doors should lock and unlock. All done.