When migrating a SBS 2003 server to SBS 2011 you may receive the error “The received certificate has expired” whilst migrating the public folders from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, if you do follow the steps below.
To remove the SSL binding to an incorrectly published certificate
- Navigate to the virtual root Exadmin in IIS.
- Right-click Exadmin, click Properties, and then click Directory Security.
- In the Secure Communications section, click Edit.
- Clear the Require secure channel (SSL) checkbox.
- If the Require 128-bit encryption checkbox is selected and is greyed out, perform these steps:
- Select Require secure channel (SSL).
- Clear Require 128-bit encryption.
- Clear Require secure channel (SSL).
- Launch the ADSI Edit tool from the Windows Support Tools. For more information about using the ADSI tool, see ADSI Edit (adsiedit.msc).
- In the left pane, click Configuration, and then click each of the following to expand:CN=ConfigurationCN=ServicesCN=Microsoft ExchangeCN=CN=Administrative Groups
CN=First Administrative Group
- Right-click CN=Exadmin, and then click Properties.
- In the list of attributes, scroll down to msExchSecureBindings, select it, and then click Edit.
- Select the entry :443:, click Remove, and then click OK.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Exit ADSI Edit.
- Close and reopen Exchange System Manager.
This article is given as is and I will not be held liable for anything that happens to your system.
16total visits,1visits today